Having a website that looks appealing is great, but if it is not driving sales, what is the point? A successful website is not just a site that looks impressive, but it is one that operates effectively and converts visitors into paying customers. Read on to discover some top tips that will help you make sure the latter is the case…
- Don’t be afraid of a bit of white space – A lot of business owners assume that every part of their website needs to be doing something. However, if you cram your website with information, it can feel cramped and cluttered. This will only confuse the user, which will lead them to leaving your website and looking elsewhere.
- Live chat – Having a live chat feature on your website is a great way to build trust and boost customer service. Users will feel save in the knowledge that any questions will be answered instantly.
- Keep the details as minimal as possible – When a potential customer goes to complete the checkout process, what details do you ask for? If you ask them to fill in a long form with details that simply aren’t required, you are only going to end up frustrating them and they may give up and look elsewhere. A short checkout process is a must.
- Trust symbols – Another way to build confidence and trust in your business is to have trust symbols displayed on your website. Some examples of this include PayPal’s certification logo and badges from independent review websites like Yelp. Security seals can also be highly beneficial. These badges make the customer feel safe when shopping on your website.
- Clear and unique value proposition – What is your unique value proposition? If you cannot answer this question, this is a clear indication of where you are going wrong. After all, if you do not know what your UVP is, your customers certainly won’t know it either. Make it evident why people should choose your brand from the moment they land on your website.
- Embrace video marketing – The power of video marketing cannot be ignored in the current day and age. Some businesses have reported an increase in sales and conversions by as much as 144 per cent by incorporating video into their website. From demos to customer videos, there are many different approaches you can use when adding videos to your company’s site.
- Hire a professional web design agency – One of the best ways to drive sales is to use the services of a web design agency in East London. Professional web designers know all of the tricks of the trade to devise a website that not only looks good and represents your brand, but operates efficiently and is perfectly constructed for SEO purposes. As a leading web design agency in East London, we can assist you with everything from trust symbols to video marketing, so please do not hesitate to get in touch for more information.